Staying positive is not an easy task. Most of the time I need a reminder or a little kick in the ass. I realized that there are certain times of the day when I tend to need a little pick-me-up, and I have found that one simple thing helps me out a ton. I schedule daily reminders that go off on my phone each day of the week. Here’s how I did it:
- I collected 10-20 inspiring quotes that I had taken from my favorite books, speakers, musicians…
- I then type the quotes into an app that sends out reminders to my iPhone. Every phone has a default reminder or “To Do” app that can send these messages/reminders throughout the day. I use an app called Todoist, but you can use the default reminder or calendar app on your phone.
- After each quote, I add a day and a time for the phone to send me an alert. I spread them out throughout the day and week. Here are a few samples that I have on my phone.
- “Everyday bite off more than you can chew, and chew it” – Every Thursday @ 6:15am
- “Energy goes where attention flows” – Every Monday @ 10:00am
- “Everything will be ok once you are ok with everything” – Every Friday @ 2:15pm
- “What frequency are you on?” – Every day @ 10:30am
Set some for yourself this week and let me know how it goes!